Monday, July 4, 2011

Summer Days

Oh, how I love the summertime! It is finally warm in the North Country and the pups can spend plenty of time outdoors enjoying our new backyard. The new puppy, Gaius, is learning all the tricks of the trade from Tyberious and we couldn't be more pleased. At this moment, we are also taking care of Charlie and Lucy so our house is very full or puppy playtime and excitement. Definitely a blast this long weekend!

I have taken the opportunity this summer to spend time around the house with my husband getting things settled and turning this house into a home. We have made some decor decisions:  furniture has been rearranged; artwork has found a home on the wall; items are being sorted and organized... progress, friends, it is so delightful. We are completing projects around the house and I am confident that by the end of summer our home will be complete.

My most recent project was to create a personalized chalkboard for the kitchen. We purchased the chalkboard spray paint, a wooden Y, a small dowel, and a nifty plank with the bark still on the sides. I taped the board so the bark wouldn't get paint on it and spray painted the rest of the plank with the chalkboard spray. While that was drying, my husband cut the dowel to make a little ledge for the chalk to sit on and I sanded painted it and the Y white. Once all the paint was dry, I hot glued the Y and ledge onto the chalk board and fastened a saw toothed hanger to the back. The little chalkboard fits wonderfully in our kitchen and is a nifty accent to our evolving decor. I am proud of my little craft project and have also begun to work on homemade french memo boards. Hopefully this bit of inspiration lasts for a while and we can really feel at home.

For now, we are just enjoying summer days.

Happy Independence Day, friends! Take time to celebrate and remember; have fun and be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment