Friday, November 19, 2010

My brain feels squishy

This week has been filled with an assortment of events. My brain is having the hardest time just focusing on one, so let's suffice it to say that much has happened this week. It really seems like it has flown by, and we are rapidly approaching Matt's deployment date. It just doesn't seem real. My brain feels squishy.

I meet folks that offer advice and support; offering me reading material, websites to visit, people to call. But what I really need is a friend. Moving to a new place is pretty easy, aside from that one bump in the road. Don't get me wrong I have friends all over the place that I love dearly - it's just weird not seeing them face to face or talking on a regular basis. For now I have the constant presence of my husband, a warm, loving man and that is incredible. I soar when he hugs me. I float when he holds me in bed. I laugh out loud over our dinner conversation. I am going to miss him so terribly. My solution for deployment: read all that is offered to me, reach out to people when I am weak, and never stop writing letters to my soldier.

I have the highest of hopes that, although my brain feels squishy, this will be an opportunity to learn, to grow, and to love harder than ever before.

2 comments:

  1. How long will he be deployed for?
    I know that the Army usually deploys for a year, but I had heard that they might be shortening the deployments.
    Jeb is getting ready to deploy with the Virginia National Guard next summer, but only for seven months. When he went on his first deployment while in the Marine Corps he was gone for 10 months.
    Just try and keep busy. Once you get past the first few months, time flies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :)
    He won't be gone long, luckily, and I am doing much better than I anticipated. It is great to know that there are so many folks out there who have been through this and can offer support.
    Best of luck to Jeb on his next deployment - tell him that I said to "have fun and be safe"!

    ReplyDelete