Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Operation Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving was a blast!

We had a full house. My husband's family and my mom and sister joined us at our new home for the holiday. I would be lying if I said the experience was void of stress and was full of only happy, gleeful moments but rest assured that we enjoyed our first holiday as husband and wife. Our townhouse neatly accommodated all our guests for each meal and much enjoyed family time. Our puppy was sick for the duration but was in bright spirits nonetheless - I didn't raise him to be a party pooper. I needed all hands on deck for this one. After all, this was my first attempt at cooking all things Thanksgiving. True story.

I am proud to report that the food was edible and my husband actually noted that my sausage dressing was "delicious". The turkey was moist and flavorful; the mashed potatoes were loaded; the green bean casserole was classic. And completely on purpose, but absolutely by luck, all the food was ready at the same time. No joke. I couldn't have planned it better if I had tried. Even my family-in-law was impressed. It was a good meal. We laughed, ate, and enjoyed each other's company - and isn't that what it is really all about?

Our first Thanksgiving as husband and wife was a success. Everyone survived. Leftovers were scrumptious. Our house is still standing. My husband, my puppy, and myself - we are all happy. Mission Accomplished.

1 comment:

  1. I can attest to the scrumptiosness of the meal and the superb quality of the family time! Thanks so much for hosting us!

    ReplyDelete