Friday, February 11, 2011

The Great Blizzard (continues)

Saturday, February 5, 2011

No lie, this afternoon it was 38 degrees and slightly overcast; by 1730 we were in the throws of a full out snow storm! The only thing I can compare it to is hurricane rains but snow. In the 90 minute conversation with my mother-in-law over 10 inches accumulated at my back door. Of course, snow fall and the wind work together to achieve such astounding results - but still.

Alas, at least I can be thankful that it is the pretty, fluffy, powdery snow as opposed to the icy, stinging snow. The powder is so much more pleasant to watch as it falls and significantly easier to shovel - a major win, if you ask me!



As a friend, and fellow milspouse, has commented regarding the snow, "Embrace the suck." I baked cookies, took care of my taxes, and finished laundry. Old Man Winter is going to need to be a bit more creative to scare this "seasoned" pro. Throw me in the midst of Snowpocalypse - fine, I shall dance and make snow angels. Face off with the Abominable - alright, let's have a snowball fight. Just, give me warm showers to warm up and recoop and I'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment