Friday, February 11, 2011

Uncelebrations

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Happy 5th mesiversary to me and my husband! That's right, friends, today marks five months of wedded bliss. Well, not quite bliss but at least it is a milestone. I'm sure I would be much more cheerful if my husband was actually present for the occasion - it does, after all, align rather closely with St. Valentine's Day. But, I know that moping over the circumstances of deployment would be fruitless. Instead, I would much rather lavish in the happy thoughts of his safe return from down range. He will be home this year, ya know. Very exciting stuff! As always, the mission comes first.

Also, it is our puppy's 9 month birthday! A most momentous occasion, indeed. It is a pity that he is afflicted with yet another bout of puppy poops on this somewhat special day, but I'm sure he will rise above - he always does. Enjoy this lovely snap shot of my little guy:



I know it seems a bit queer to celebrate these seemingly ordinary occasions; however, I must comment that it is these singularly bland milestones that make my life so stinking wonderful. No really, each day is a gift and should be celebrated in one way or another - even if it means digging deep and remembering hard to conjure up a special, beautiful and terribly ordinary reason to celebrate.

So, happy tenth day of the second month of the beginning of the second decade of the second millennium!

No comments:

Post a Comment