Monday, January 17, 2011

Dresses, and Flowers, and Shoes... Oh My!

I am finally hunkering down to plan our wedding. We are eight months out from our ideal date and now is the time to really get elbow deep and make a plan. In a word, I am terrified. Without my husband's input I don't want to venture too close to venue commitments and catering contracts. The mere mention of creating a budget or contacting potential vendors is more than I can bare at this exact moment in time. 

So, instead I am focusing on the details, more specifically the details of my wedding party. It can be said that my bridesmaids were all chosen by the time I left elementary school. Erin was nominated as Maid of Honor in the womb; Anna was decided to be a bridesmaid at the bus stop sometime back in the day; Maggie was elected one day on the playground. We fight, laugh, and play like sisters. These three lovely ladies will be at my side; I will need them. The girls I have met throughout life all know that I love them, but these three are, and always have been, family and that is why they are my choices. Now, what to do with the details of dresses and shoes and flowers... don't even bother asking because my head might simply explode. But, I am confident in this decision and that helps me to breathe a little easier. 

So, join me as I flip through bridal magazines with my inhaler at my side. Ideas are out there ready to be discovered and unveiled. It is wonderful to know that now is the time to start looking and now is the time to start dreaming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment