Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Waiting for 2012

After all the excitement and tears and chest pains and bridal magazines my husband has stepped in and declared martial law: the wedding will take place in 2012. He called yesterday from down range and it became clear within just a few short minutes that planning this formal wedding without his input would be neither fun nor wonderful, so we decided to wait until he is home and we can both take active roles. At first, I cried and whimpered, unwilling to accept defeat. But then I was flooded with overwhelming calm and took a deep breath of relief. After all, we are already married and nothing can take that magic away. It is just a ceremony and a party; it can wait.

Ladies and gentlemen, my husband wants to be part of the wedding planning. He wants me to have all my dreams and hopes realized. He wants it to be perfect.

I am one lucky lady. And I can definitely wait for 2012.

Our Wedding Day
September 10, 2010
Tucson, AZ

2 comments:

  1. This is much better than getting an ulcer during and because of the planning for the happiest day of your life to date...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love love love the picture!! I love seeing you so happy!!

    ReplyDelete