Friday, January 7, 2011

Panera, Pals, and Puppies

Today was a great day. It started with a few appointments and then lunch at Panera with a good friend and continued with an afternoon full of puppy play time. A word to the wise: if you have yet to enjoy the New England Clam Chowder in a bread bowl, I highly suggest it. I was more than satisfied with the meal and the company was phenomenal! It is always good to get together with a friend and just eat, sit, and talk. The conversation is light and upbeat, the food is delicious, and the feeling of fulfillment is always a keeper. There is just something great about getting out of the house and seeing friends.

And, of course, what better reason to get out of the house than to walk the pup? There aren't many people out and about to make friends with during this cold winter, but every now and then we run into someone or something. The pup never really seems to know what to do with himself. As if his thoughts are," Oh boy! Mom, a person! A bunny! Another dog! Can I please, oh please, go play?! Please!" I swear, I must walk him for a total of two hours dispersed over four walks each day and he doesn't ever seem to tucker out. So, today I devised a fantastic plan... I leashed him with the 20 ft recall training leash and tethered him to my midsection and just let him run all around the back of the townhouse. Needless to say, my pup was so excited to be more than 5 ft away from me and have the freedom to gallop and jump and dig and do what puppies do. And, I was glad for the break as well. I was able to watch and laugh from a reasonable distance and just enjoy my puppy being a puppy. It was wonderful and I am already looking forward to Spring and the dog park.

Today was definitely a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment