Monday, January 31, 2011

Little Things

It is the little things, really.

I can't get over how cold it is here in the North Country. That being said, nothing warms my heart like a message from my husband down range. Moments like that may be the only time I allow myself to slow down because I truly treasure our love for one another. It may sound sappy to some, but those of you who know us understand. Little things, people, little things.

Not a moment goes by that I don't miss him, but I have found that if I fill my days with wonderful, happy moments sprinkled with upbeat and positive people and experiences then I don't have time to feel sorry for myself. It really is the little things - you can't deny it.

The day he deployed, I met two other Army wives who's husbands were also heading down range. We have since added another bouncy spouse to the mix, and our little group has blossomed as we continue to invite other military spouses to join in the fun. I still keep in touch with many of the Army wives I have met throughout my journey; the depth of our connection is astounding when one considers the distance and time that separates us. These "battle buddies" have become true friends of mine - I am grateful for having met them. It is wonderful to know that we can share our tears and our joys without concern of rejection or judgment or jealousy. That, friends, is why I will always call these girls my friends and why I will never forget them. Thanks, girls, you know who you are. Our lives are peppered with lovely little things.

Little things are why I am fulfilled and happy and blessed. For each day that passes, I remain thankful for all the little things in my life that make me laugh out loud and smile. Thanks to all the little things!

No comments:

Post a Comment